Student Recruitment & Marketing Officer
To develop, coordinate, and evaluate appropriate, targeted recruitment activities in order to support SMS HEG’s overall recruitment strategy. As part of a team of recruitment professionals, the post holder will be responsible for a designated community to target the recruitment drive for prospective HOME/EU students. You are also expected to attend a range of recruitment activities within your communities and deliver presentations to prospective students, their families, and their influencers.
To implement the SMS HEG’s overall UK/HOME student recruitment marketing strategy, under the direction of the Director and the Marketing & Recruitment Manager to produce appropriate marketing tools to influence prospective students in their choices regarding where (University Partners) and what to study (Degree course). Work with SMS HEG marketing manager to ensure clarity on overall positioning/USP’s of the university and effective communication of these messages through marketing tools. Focus on generating leads and converting them into applicants and enrolled students.
Under the direction of the Director and the Marketing & Recruitment Manager, your duties will be:
• To recruit suitably qualified prospective students from the UK and Europe to agree semester targets, in particular, direct responsibility for UK/European recruitment from your allocated communities.
• Work with the Marketing & Recruitment Manager, to implement the annual UK student recruitment marketing plan to support agreed on targets required to enroll with SMS HEG’s University Partners.
• Ensure clear measures are in place to report against agreed recruitment targets and the marketing tactics that deliver them
• Targeting prospective students (from your territory/community) from the point of inquiry through to enrolment with a clear focus on conversion targets.
• Advise prospective students and applicants on entry-level, program choice, entry criteria, qualifications, and scholarships, referring them to other staff as
• Work with the SMS HEG admissions and marketing teams to ensure type and timing of communications are effective.
• Work closely with Student marketing and recruitment teams and the Marketing & Recruitment Manager to ensure clarity/suitability of positioning and key messages and the production of relevant and effective recruitment tools
• Work with the Marketing & Recruitment Manager to develop effective online targeting/relationship build with target schools and colleges
• Work with Marketing & Recruitment Manager in the coordination and attendance at recruitment events with a particular focus on lead generation and conversion
• Develop good awareness of Partner University degree offerings.
• Keep abreast of new marketing techniques that will appeal to prospective students in your communities and/or areas.
• To act as an ambassador for the University Partners and to promote the institution to prospective students, their families, and teachers at Recruitment events in the UK and mainland Europe.
• Report on and evaluate the existing activity and keep abreast of changes within the HE sector in order to continually improve recruitment processes.
• To network with career advisers, schools and colleges, external organizations/agents, and relevant individuals to establish and develop a strong recruitment
strategy to maximize student recruitment and conversion.
• Attend regular marketing and recruitment meetings.
• Provide regular student recruitment activity reports to the Senior Management team at SMS HEG.
• To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with SME HEG and our University Partner’s policies and procedures and the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
• Other duties that may be seen as being within the scope of this position.