International students have always been an important presence in the UK, and their numbers have been growing steadily over the years. Wherever in the world you end up, if you have a degree from a UK university it will be recognised by employers, universities, and governments

In today’s world economy, you need specific skills and qualities to be able to succeed in your field. Employers want high quality employees who have specific skill sets, including effective, critical, and creative thinking skills. They also want people with a grasp on English – what better way for you to learn English than to learn it in the country of its origin? You can immerse yourself and learn to live, work, and think in the English language. The learning experience that you will receive when you study in England is one that will provide you with the skills you need. You’ll be encouraged to read, think independently, question and analyse what you read and learn. Did you know that English scientists and institutions have won almost 100 Nobel Prizes? Very few countries can claim that level of achievement. People who study art, fashion, film, TV, and video game design are considered among the best in the world.

UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) requires you to have a budget of at least £1,265 per month to study in London (in addition to your tuition fees). In order to apply for a Tier 4 visa, you will need to show that you have £1,265 for each month of your course, up to a maximum of nine months. This means that if you will be studying in London for a course lasting nine months or more, the maximum amount that you will need is £11,385.
For the international students most of the universities at UK provide on campus accommodation and also a variety of accommodation options are available to you. The cost of student accommodation can vary greatly depending on the type of accommodation you choose and the location. The college or university usually has halls of residence. If you are not offered on campus accommodation you can look for other accommodation options that will suit your monthly budget.
Students choose to move into flats/houses in the second or third years of their campus life. If you do move into a flat or house, you will have to sign a tenancy agreement, which is a legal document outlining the terms of the tenancy. London was voted the most cost-effective city in the UK for students. With so many part-time jobs available, you can support your studies and enjoy London life while you study. Plus you’ll have great work experience to add to your CV.

With over 160 universities and colleges and limitless courses and study options on offer, you can make your UK higher education experience as unique as you are.

The most popular courses for international students in UK are in the postgraduate levels such as MBA, MS in Computing, engineering, Law, Arts, Literature, pharmacy etc.

  1. Professional courses- Professional courses focus on improving your ability to succeed in a particular occupation, which is ideal if you have a clear career objective
  2. Undergraduate degree courses- During degree programmes, some specific elements will be compulsory but others will be optional, allowing you to tailor the course to your interests. The core topics of your course will be outlined to you through lectures.
  3. Postgraduate programmes -All postgraduate programmes require you to do a great deal of work on your own initiative.
  4. MBAs – Master of Business Administration (MBA) courses are a particularly intensive, challenging and rewarding form of taught postgraduate course.

The British Government and UK Universities provide a large number of scholarships for international students who wants to study in United Kingdom.

UK Government Scholarships:

  1. Chevening Scholarships
  2. Commonwealth Scholarships

UK University Scholarships:

  1. Gates Cambridge Scholarships
  2. Rhodes Scholarships at University of Oxford
  3. Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
  4. Denys Holland Scholarship at University College London
  5. University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships
  6. UAL Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate International Scholarships
  7. Bristol University International Office Scholarships
  8. University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships
  9. University of West England Chancellor’s Scholarships
  10. Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Scholarships
  11. University of Westminster International Scholarships
  12. Developing Solutions Scholarships at University of Nottingham
  13. University of Bradford Global Development Scholarships

Students are permitted to work 20 hours per week during the course. It is not difficult to find some part time jobs to supplement your living expenses. Student can work full time during academic holiday.
Future Job prospects for students are also manageable in UK if you are highly skilled in your respective field. There is high chance that PSW (Post study work permit-2 years) would be started again. Besides, British degrees are valued and recognized all over the world. These degrees provide a cutting edge for employment prospects around the world.

You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:

  1. have been offered a place on a course
  2. can speak, read, write and understand English
  3. have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances


International English Language Testing System is normally known as IELTS which is administered by University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate (UCLES) , British Council and IDP Education Australia.

The score of IELTS is valid for 2 years

All students must have the required English language proficiency with regards to the course.

Choose you university and course then meet your education counsellor to start the visa application process

For UK student visa, applications must be made on IM2A forms, which are available, free of cost at the British Embassies. Along with Visa application fee and the required documents the application has to be submitted to the embassy.

Immigration Rules for Students

  • You must intend to study at a publicly funded university or college, or a private institution or a fee-paying independent school.
  • You must be able to and intend to follow a full-time degree course, or a weekday, full time course at a single institution involving at least 15 hours of organized, daytime study per week.
  • You must be able to pay for your course and the living expenses of your husband or wife and children (if they are with you) without working in UK or claiming public funds.
  • You must not intend to work in UK unless you are accepted for a course lasting longer than six months, when you may work part-time or during vacations.You must intend to leave UK at the end of your studies.
  • A letter of acceptance on the course. This is the letter from your institution confirming that a place has been offered to you and that the course is full-time as defined by the immigration law.
  • Evidence that you can pay the course fees and support yourself and your family, if applicable.
  • The student has to attend the Interview with the ECO, clarifying certain parts of your application. You must be able to convince him/her that your study plans are genuine and workable.

Can I get my tuition deposit refund?

Ans: Yes, only if the visa is refused.

What Is Tuition Deposit?

Ans: Most of the UK universities and colleges ask the student to pay a part of the tuition fee in advance as deposit before attending the Visa.

When Should The Next Instalment Of Tuition Fees Be Paid ?

Ans:After Reaching UK a part of the amount and rest of it after the 1st semester, but at some universities full tuition fee is payable upon reporting

Can I work while studying in UK?

Ans: Yes, the student is allowed to work legally 20 hours per week on a part time basis.

Is Gmat Score & Work Experience Necessary?

Ans: For some Universities work experience is mandatory, while GMAT is recommended.

What Are Prerequisites Of Getting Into MBA?

Ans: IELTS 6 BANDS + ACADEMIC 60%+Some universities insist for few year of work experience in the supervisory level

I Am Graduate I.e., I Have Only 15 Years Of Education Can I Enter Into MBA?

Ans: Yes, U.K. Universities do accept students with 15 Years of education.

Is There Any Scholarship Facility Available For International Students?

Ans: There are very few universities, which offer some kind of bursary in the form of tuition waiver for the students who qualify. It could be around 1000 -5000.

What Is The Duration Of The Masters Programs In UK?

Ans: In the UK, most taught Masters Programmes run for one year full-time and two years part-time

What Are The General Requirements To Get The Admission?

Ans: Minimum 55% in academics with TOEFL of 213+ or IELTS of 6.0. For MBA a student needs to have 2-3 years of full time work experience at managerial cadre.

What Are The Intakes Available In UK??

Ans: September and January. September is the main intake where in all the programs are available. There are very few programs available in January as well as April or November in some universities

What Is The Visa Procedure?

Ans: Once the student get CAS (Conformation of Acceptance for Studies) from the university. He/she will apply for Student Visa to the nearest Embassy with necessary documents. Students need to prove that they have an unconditional offer on a full time course, proof of accommodation, sufficient funds to cover the entire cost of study and living in Britain and that they intend to return home on completion of their course. The following are the list of documents required for student visa :

  • Completed visa application form (IM2A) with two passport size photographs.
  • Valid passport (in original).
  • Visa fee (non-refundable).
  • CAS (Conformation of Acceptance for Studies)
  • Proof of Finance for tuition and maintained expenses (28 old funds in bank statements OR Bank loan sanction letters)
  • Proof of English Proficiency (IELTS)

It takes approximately 10-15 working days to get a student visa.

For how Long is the UK visa given?

Ans: For the study period and few months extra (4 to 6 months)

Once the visa has been refused can I attend again?

Ans: Yes, Student can attend any number of times…but need to have a new CAS every time.

What is the best time to attend the visa?

Ans: At least one month before the semester start date.

Is there any pick up and accommodation facility provided at UK?

Ans: Many universities provide ‘Meet & Greet Services’ during the orientation period.

× Have a Question? Available from 10:00 to 18:00